Most commonly used Speaking Topics for IELTS
Everyone knows that in speaking section first 5 minutes they ask us about our personality and life. Then after the second 5 minutes conversation comes a bit specific and harder and last 5 minutes they give you a card which is written a topic that you will talk about. And these topics are generally about a specific subject, about your life or society, maybe technology, crime, politics, environment.
In this post, I want to give you some topics about the speaking section that you might be asked in the IELTS exam.
Most Commonly asked Questions
1. What is your name? And what is the meaning of your name?
2. What do you do (what is your job) are you a student or working? describe your university department or describe your work.
3. Why did you choose this work or university? Did you choose for money? Or do you like it?
4. Are you happy to do your job? Are you happy with your colleagues?
5. Tell me about your colleagues? Are you happy with them?
6. Tell me about your best friend?
7. What do you regularly do at the weekend? Where do you go?
8. Tell me about your hometown. Where is the best place for you?
9. Let’s talk about hobbies. Which instrument do you like?
10. How do you spend your typical day?
11. Let’s talk about family. Describe your family.
12. Tell me about your house .and your room.
13. What is your favorite color?
14. Do you think colors influence our life? How?
15. Who does most of the household chores in your family?
16. Are the traditional sexual roles within the family changing?
17. Why is the divorce rate increasing so rapidly these days? Is it a problem for you?
18. What is your opinion of the planning family policy?
19. Do you have a child? How do you discipline your child?
20. Why are you taking IELTS? What do you want to do after IELTS?
21. Tell me about leisure time. What do you do in your leisure time?
22. Who should take the responsibility for payment of university fees? Adults or students?
23. How recent changes affected your job?
24. Do you agree with private education? Why?
25. If you have power, what changes would you carry out for a better education system?
26. How do you see yourself in five years time? Where would you want to be?
27. If you have an opportunity to change your job, what would you like to do?
28. If you have a chance to start your life again? What would you like to do?
29. What ambitions do you have?
30. Which country would you most like to visit these days?
31. What changes do you think your hometown will see in the next few years?
32. In your country, How future changes affect your job in any way?
33. Have you ever been in abroad? How does it feel? Which country?
34. Are you looking forward to migrating and work in Australia / UK /USA? Or any other country?